Summer was born and raised in Harlingen, Texas. She graduated from Texas A&M University in 2001 where she earned a Bachelor of Arts degree in biology with a minor in chemistry. She earned her Doctorate of Jurisprudence from South Texas College of Law in 2005.
During law school, Summer served as a legal intern at the school’s General Civic Clinic and a judicial intern with the Fourteenth Court of Appeals for Justice Eva Guzman. Since being licensed to practice in 2005, Summer has spent the majority of her career defending construction defect, personal injury and premises liability cases.
- State Bar of Texas
- United States District Court – Southern District of Texas
- United States District Court – Western District of Texas
- Campbell, Miller & Associates from 2011 until 2014
- Griffith & Garza LLC from 2007 until 2011
- The Garcia Law Firm, P.C. from 2006 until 2007
- Hidalgo County Bar Association
- Cameron County Bar Association
- Women’s Bar Section - Hidalgo County Bar Association
- Mexican American Bar Association
- Hidalgo County Chapter of Texas Democratic Women