Sarah Pierce Cowen
Sarah was born and raised in Dallas, Texas. She graduated summa cum laude from Trinity University in San Antonio with degrees in Broadcast Journalism and Business Administration. Sarah obtained her Doctorate of Jurisprudence from the University of Texas School of Law in 1986 with honors.
With over 30 years of commercial trial and arbitration experience, Sarah has tried cases on both sides of the docket in a variety of complex commercial matters. Her practice includes business torts, insurance defense, contracts, product liability, personal and catastrophic injury or death, partnership disputes and construction litigation. Sarah has also presented on insurance defense CLE topics for the Texas and local bar associations. She is the co-founder of Cowen & Garza.
- State Bar of Texas
- United States District Court – Southern District of Texas
- United States District Court – Western District of Texas
- United States Tax Court
- Law Offices of Sarah Pierce Cowen in McAllen from 2006 until 2012
- Akin, Gump, Straus, Hauer & Feld LLP from 2003 until 2006
- Vinson & Elkins LLP from 2001 until 2003
- Bracewell & Patterson LLP (now Bracewell LLP) in Houston from 1987 until 1995 and in Dallas from 1996 to 2000
- Life Fellow with the Texas Bar Foundation
- American Bar Association
- Texas Association of Defense Counsel
- Hidalgo County Bar Association
- Hidalgo County Women’s Bar Association (past president)
- LGBT Bar Association
- Texas Bar College
- Hidalgo County Bar Association Ethics Award Winner (2017)
Sarah’s community involvement includes serving on the Board of Directors of Good Samaritan Community Services RGV.