Viola G. Garza
Viola was born and raised in Pharr, Texas. She attended the University of Texas at Austin where she earned her bachelor’s degree in 1990. She then earned a Doctorate of Jurisprudence from Texas Southern University in 1993.
Since then, Viola has been practicing law in Hidalgo County and the surrounding areas and is a certified mediator. This experience has provided her with a deeper insight into the resolution of conflict. She has an extensive understanding of cases ranging from small auto accidents to highly-intricate commercial matters. Viola is the co-founder of Cowen & Garza.
- State Bar of Texas
- United States District Court - Southern District of Texas
- Griffith & Garza from 1999 until 2012
- Skaggs, Reyna & Garza from 1993 until 1998
- Hidalgo County Bar Association
- Texas Association of Defense Counsel
- Defense Research Institute (DRI)
- Hidalgo County Women’s Bar Section
- Fellow with the Texas Bar Foundation
- Former Member of the Claims and Litigation Management Alliance
- Former Member of the Litigation Council for the State Bar of Texas
- Former Trustee for the Insurance Trust for the State Bar
- Hidalgo County Bar Association Ethics Award Winner (2013)